Monday, December 13, 2010

Denver Music Summit/All Nighter!

The other night I pulled the all to rare all nighter. Some of my room mates Cameron, Ez, Ryan and I made a campfire in our field and ate grapefruit. I painted and used pastels to create a new piece incorporating tape to make a décollage. Décollage is the opposite of collage and it is made by tearing away pieces from an original image. In this case, I created one by painting over the tape and removing the tape after I was finished with the piece. I posted the painting in my Facebook photos.
         I didn’t catch any sleep until 1 PM because I attended the Denver Music Summit the next morning. There were thirteen local music industry professionals there and I got to meet 1 on 1 with eight of them, 15 minutes each for only $2 a person! It was a steal! I met with record labels, lawyers, audio engineers, a journalist for the Westword, and the band managers for Big Head Todd & The Monsters and Daniele Ate The Sandwich. It was incredible! I plan on going next year and the offer's open to everyone if anyone wants to join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment